Important roadworks information
A47 Blofield to Postwick: resurfacing
I write to inform you that we will be carrying out essential maintenance works between the above locations. During this work we will also be replacing signs, faded road markings and studs.
We plan to complete this over two weeks from Thursday 6 August to Friday 21 August between the hours of 8pm and 6am on weeknights, subject to weather conditions. We have split these works into four phases and have closely liaised with the Norfolk county council to agree the most suitable diversion route for the closures as detailed below:
The following diversions will add time to your journey so please take this into consideration when planning your journey.
Phase 1: A47 westbound Blofield to Cucumber Lane roundabout, starting Thursday 6 August to Friday 7 August (2 nights)
- Westbound traffic will be diverted via Blofield and follow Yarmouth Road before re-joining the A47 at the Cucumber Lane roundabout. (Diagram 1)
Part 1- A47 eastbound between Cucumber Lane and Blofield, starting Thursday 6 August to Friday 7 August (2 nights)
- Eastbound traffic will be diverted via the A47 through Postwick and along the A1270 up to Salhouse Road roundabout. Then follow the Salhouse Road /B1140 to Chameryhall Lane, onto Newport Road and South Walsham Road before re-joining the A47. (Diagram 2)
Part 2- A47 eastbound between Cucumber Lane and Blofield, lane 1 closure only with the Blofield exit slip closed, starting Monday 10 August to Friday 14 August (5 nights)
- Traffic wanting to leave the A47 at Blofield will be advised to use either the Postwick or Burlingham Green junction. Advanced warning signs will be displayed to notify road users about this closure.
Phase 3: A47 westbound between Cucumber Lane and Postwick, starting Monday 10 August to Tuesday 11 August (2 nights)
- Westbound traffic will be diverted via the A47 to Beccles, onto the A143 until Gillingham, then onto the A146, before re-joining the A47 at Trowse Newton. (Diagram 3)
Advanced warning signs will be displayed in Great Yarmouth to notify road users about this closure.
Phase 4: A47 westbound entry and exit slip roads at Postwick, starting Wednesday 12 August to Thursday 13 August (2 nights)
Westbound traffic wanting to leave the A47 at Postwick will be diverted to Trowse Newton and then return on the A47 eastbound towards Postwick.
- Westbound traffic wanting to join the A47 at Postwick will be diverted via A47 eastbound to Cucumber Lane roundabout and then return on the A47 westbound. (Diagram 4)
Diversion route maps can be found in the attached document.
Please be assured all our sites have strict safeguarding measures to prevent the spread of COVID19 and none of our sites are open to the public. We will be carrying out all works following safety guidelines set by the Government.
Find out more
To stay informed about all the latest major roadworks happening near you, visit www.gov.uk/government/organisations/highways-england to register for the latest alerts. If you have any enquiries please contact the Highways England Customer Contact Centre on 0300 123 5000, or by e-mail to [email protected].
Leanne Morphew Senior Adminstrator, Scheme Delivery Team
Highways England | Crown House | Crown Street | Ipswich | IP1 3HS