Brundall Parish Council are seeking a temporary part-time Administration Assistant for an immediate start, 15-20 hours per week for 3 months, job share considered. Whilst salary and responsibilities will depend on the successful candidate, this role will include guidance and support.
- Dealing with enquiries from the public by phone, email, letter and face-to-face.
- Administration and accurate record keeping.
- Maintaining and updating Parish Notice boards.
- Assist the Clerk in preparation of agendas, detailed reports and associated documents in preparation for meetings and assist the Clerk in co-ordination of responses arising from meetings and forwarding to relevant recipients/bodies.
- Assist the Clerk with work relating to the Cemetery, Allotments, and Parish Council owned and managed land.
- Project based duties.
- To undertake such other duties commensurate with the level of the post and job purpose as required by the Clerk and Council.
- Enthusiasm with an interest in your local community
- Administration experience (to cover all areas, including taking meeting notes).
- Understanding of Microsoft 365 packages.
- Be very organised with excellent attention to detail.
- Able to attend meetings during the day and evenings as required.
- Able to support the Parish Clerk as required.
- Discretion and confidentiality.
- Be proactive.
- Be able to work collaboratively within a small team environment, helping as required.
- Previous Parish Council experience.
- Experience in event planning.
- Experience in project planning.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive salary. Pay dependent on the relevant skills and experience within pay scale SCP 18 – 24 (£15.12 – £17.16 per hour)
- 22 Days Annual Leave (plus bank holidays) pro rata.
- Role will include guidance and support as required.
Please send your detailed CV with a short covering letter stating work experience and the qualities and skills you would bring to the job to [email protected] or 07769 972902 if you would like to talk about the role in advance of applying.
CLOSING DATE: Friday 8th December unless the position is filled earlier.